HOST ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
October 12, 2006
Joe Almony Bill Anonsen
Bob Heidrich John Regan
Kimo Corstorphine CDR Kathleen Moore
Brad Rimell Randy Swindell
Arlen Walsten Chris Woolaway
Ken Kujala Paula Carroll
AGENDA I T EM #1 Call to Order & Introductions
Brad called the meeting to order at 3:05 . A quorum was present.
AGENDA I T EM #2 Minutes of last meeting were approved.
AGENDA ITEM #3 Treasurer’s Report
Chris reported that HOS T has $2,240.12 in the checking account. We deposited two checks from the Combined Federal Campaign totaling $222.23.
AGENDA I T EM #4 Next Membership Meeting T opics – October 19, 2006
• Multiple Ships Mooring SOP Update – Brad will check with Kim
• Quick reminder about the new drug rules requiring testing – Kits: Alcohol (2 hours); Drug (48 hours)
• Status on State Legislative Harbor Congestion Resolution Mandate – Scott will give a status report (Brad will follow up with him) Also check with DOBOR (Chris will follow up)
• Legislative Preview – Bill Anonsen if he is available
• CASI T AS update if available – Not finished yet
• State doing presentation of 2030 Plan – Talk to Brad at the next Advisory Board meeting.
• Get T he Drift & Bag It Update – Chris after Bill
• Kathy Moore will facilitate the meeting.
AGENDA ITEM #5 Pending HOST Safety Issues
• Safety at Sea Seminar – Still deferred.
• SOP 7-98 Multiple Cruise Ships visiting Offshore Port Anchorages – Kim may have news. Brad will check on any updates for Nawiliwili as 2 ships are coming in.
• T ug Assistance- T om/ T roy neither are present – Brad mentioned that H T B brought tug out of Hilo . P&R Water T axi has the contract to take over with Neighbor Island tug assistance. Kathy Moore reported that DLNR,CG, DO T , DOBOR & H T A need to work out all the issues on what the arrangements are and be ready to go.
• Shore Entry Safety Subcommittee – Leave on the agenda for the next Advisory meeting.
• Harbor Congestion- Keep on the agenda.
AGENDA ITEM #6 Old Business
• Parking situation at the Hawaii Yacht Club so far so good though we need to bring extra copies of the Parking Pass.
AGENDA I T EM #7 New Business
• Congestion & Dead Ship SOPs we need to have 2 Sub Committees formed It was decided that at the next meeting we should announce the needs and circulate sign up sheets
• Kathy is going to do an Oahu presentation in December on the S T AR OF HONOLULU.
• Question about the Super Ferry: Are they planning to use UHF radio & what frequency? ( T ugs, tank farm, PIC, terminal operations, rail road frequency) Bill will send listing of UHF. Brad will check with T esoro
• Fishermen’s Festival had an attendance of 11,400 people.
AGENDA I T EM #8 USCG Concerns
• Discussed earlier
AGENDA I T EM #9 – State of Hawaii Concerns ( DO T Harbors and DLNR) no one present
AGENDA I T EM #10 – Coast Guard Auxiliary Issues – None
AGENDA I T EM #11 – Announcements: None
NEXT MEE T INGS
Advisory Board Meeting: November 16, 2006 , 3:00 pm , Hawaii Yacht Club located in
T he Ala Wai Yacht Harbor .
General Membership Meeting: October 19, 2006 , 2:00 pm , Honolulu Community College Marine Education T raining Center located just over the bridge off Sand Island Road .